Jeepin.com Forums  

Go Back   Jeepin.com Forums > Tech > Tow Rig Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2017, 07:10 AM   #1
xj_man_646

Send a message via AIM to xj_man_646 Send a message via MSN to xj_man_646

The guy who racked up 750k on his 'Vette really made me start thinking about something like that for a DD. Good MPG, fun, RWD, manual trans, and can still handle a weekend road trip with the gf.

My truck turned over 270k this week. Still going strong, although it is rotting away quickly.

I like diesels
xj_man_646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:48 AM   #2
Cobound
- The Don -

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj_man_646 View Post
The guy who racked up 750k on his 'Vette really made me start thinking about something like that for a DD. Good MPG, fun, RWD, manual trans, and can still handle a weekend road trip with the gf.

My truck turned over 270k this week. Still going strong, although it is rotting away quickly.
Yes. All of this...and it's why I drive the piss out of my stuff. That's what it is for! They get all of what you mentioned, and are fun as hell. Drive it!

I'd get another Vette in a heartbeat, drive it in the rain, anywhere I didn't need to haul too much gear or more than another person...it'd be driven!

Honestly, I'd rather sell my Harley and have a Vette, and would've if I had the room!

Not all those who wander are lost.

The great irony - triggered snowflakes accusing triggered snowflakes of being triggered snowflakes
Cobound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 06:01 AM   #3
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj_man_646 View Post

current generation 'vette's are like jeeps, the resale is STUPID ... until you get to past generations. we got ours brand new in total base trim, and would do it again for sure. it's everything you said and more, it has been great. knock on wood, but 2 seasons with 36k and it's not been to the shop once either.

now there is a minor caveat to this ... i have driven it on a few 8h road trips by myself now, and that gets a bit old for me. 1) gota stop n stretch cuz it doesn't leave much room for a big guy to shift around 2) it gets hot, once the whole thing heat soaks the entire trans tunnel is super warm, plus it's all glass and the sun bakes you. i basically have to have the ac on full tilt on a warm summer day to have any chance at all. that said, it's a few hours to get to that point.
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote