PDA

View Full Version : It's been a while!

Arakele
07-09-2023, 06:18 PM
It's been a few years, glad to see people still here! I haven't had a Jeep in quite some time, but am thinking about a 4xe Wrangler to replace my XTerra. Anyone here running one? I pretty much stick to beach driving in NC now, not as much rock crawling as I used to. Curious to hear people's opinions on the 4xe!

nblehm
07-09-2023, 09:07 PM
Cali has one, but you won’t find him in jeep talk.

Cobound
07-11-2023, 11:49 AM
Whoa, what up Doc?!

Yeah, most conversations have moved to general, cuz not everyone has a Jeep :lol:

LOL, I was just thinking of starting a thread over there w/ some old names, and yours was one of them - wonder where some folks are these days.

Welcome back!!

CaliJeepinTJ
07-12-2023, 01:01 PM
Blast from the past! I ended up with a Mojave, rather than the 4xe, so can't give you any first-hand info.

Hi Nate :wave: :f2:

nblehm
07-12-2023, 08:27 PM
Blast from the past! I ended up with a Mojave, rather than the 4xe, so can't give you any first-hand info.

Hi Nate :wave: :f2:

:roflmao:

Jeepin Jason
07-19-2023, 08:32 AM
A friend of ours has a Rubicon 4xe and she loves it. It's just a daily driver though, I don't think she does any offroading with it beyond dirt roads. General feedback I've read online all seems to be positive though, including off-road use.

Biggest downsides are you loose storage under the rear seats and the rear seats don't fold flat with the cargo floor, due to the battery pack sitting under the backseat.

myjeepsbigger
07-20-2023, 01:51 PM
Brad from Trail Recon had one for a while and posted several videos of it on Youtube. He didn't get much range on electric-only, especially off-road. I believe he ended up trading it off because of some electrical/module issues with it, iirc.

Anyway, they're worth a watch.

Dennis
07-20-2023, 03:40 PM
A friend of ours has a Rubicon 4xe and she loves it. It's just a daily driver though, I don't think she does any offroading with it beyond dirt roads. General feedback I've read online all seems to be positive though, including off-road use.

Biggest downsides are you loose storage under the rear seats and the rear seats don't fold flat with the cargo floor, due to the battery pack sitting under the backseat.Are the rear seats still removable to create a flat load area?

Jeepin Jason
07-21-2023, 09:44 AM
I'm not aware of the back seats ever being removable.

Cobound
07-21-2023, 02:11 PM
Removable, not like a JK or TJ, no. The JKU were not removable either, not w/o unbolting them.

Arakele
07-29-2023, 08:27 AM

Biggest downsides are you loose storage under the rear seats and the rear seats don't fold flat with the cargo floor, due to the battery pack sitting under the backseat.

With a 10 and 8 year old they will likely occupy that space now anyway :D

Cobound
08-01-2023, 11:09 AM
With a 10 and 8 year old they will likely occupy that space now anyway :D

Wow, it has been a while :p