Jeepin.com Forums  

Go Back   Jeepin.com Forums > Tech > Jeep Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2020, 12:25 PM   #1
Cobound
- The Don -

Default Jeep Cherokee stuff

Did a little father daughter project this past week...her XJ needed a new headliner, has for some time now. She loves this thing, really wanted to make it her own, and she picked out a fabric w/ a pattern that is all her - this was not a for resale project

She did all the research, bought all the stuff, sent me videos, and brought it home. I was impressed, she was pretty good at getting this all ready. I watched her videos, and after we were all done and she was driving home I shot her a quick Venmo to cover all the costs and then some...it was her birthday Saturday, so it was an added gift for her also.

Super droop

Tear out

Cleaning it all off was the most time consuming, and messy...this is about 97% clean, I finished up the edges on it and it was spotless when I went to put the material on

Her pattern...

Finished panel...amazingly we got NO wrinkles...went on pretty well, a couple spots by the rear speakers were tough but it all worked out

Shameless hoodie shot and a finished look

Not as bad as i thought it would be, and when I say it was a project we did together, it was 97% me That said, was nice installing it w/ someone to help lay material down w/o sticking and there to hold it up when installing into the ceiling again. That said, I certainly don't look forward to doing it again, and I will eventually need to do one on my son's XJ, but that won't be for a while.

Removing all the trim was cake and the hardest part of it all was putting the visors back in the right place, aligning the screws...but, again, I was surprised at how well it went and NOT difficult it was. But that damn cleaning the old glue off, ugh, that blows!

Next up, she wants a small lift...has always liked them a bit taller but I was super hesitant, I've done so many XJ lifts I didn't want any of the headaches...and the thing is a tad crusty underneath. Well, long story short...I grabbed a budget boost for it and will be giving that to her for Xmas...front coil spacers and rear shackles I bought online for $80...her tires are already big enough to look good w/ just a small height addition...and should be a pretty easy install, considering.

She'll be stoked.

Not all those who wander are lost.

The great irony - triggered snowflakes accusing triggered snowflakes of being triggered snowflakes
Cobound is offline   Reply With Quote