Jeepin.com Forums  

Go Back   Jeepin.com Forums > Tech > Jeep Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2018, 07:35 PM   #1
Sir Sam
Working Mother

Send a message via AIM to Sir Sam

I cleared parts out of the cab and got started on cleaning it up, there was a bunch of nasty rust dust around on the floor.

More than half a decade ago I was cutting out the metal support that will be replaced by the seat bracket, I had just finished with a cutoff wheel and went to take a brake, as I pulled my earmuffs and safety glasses off I realized I had a rather large bit of slag that had gotten around my safety glasses, and melted on the INSIDE of my prescription glasses.

I noped the phuck out of grinding more for the day and left everything sitting there.......for years.

There were piles of grinding dust around, a file, my center punch, cutoff wheels, etc that I left sitting there, and those dust piles turned to rust piles, lucky they didnt continue to eat up the floor, but they made a nice fine coat of rust dust that seems to cleanup pretty easy.

So I am taking a wire wheel around, cleaning up the dust crap and vacuuming it out.

I need to finish removing both floor supports to weld in the new seat bracket, cleanup the floor, weld in the seat brackets, and then I am going to coat the whole floor area in por15 and then seam seal it.

So I got POR15, seam sealer, more flap disks, cutoff wheels and copper weld through primer coming! After seat brackets I will finish the firewall holes for steering column/wiring, seam seal those, por15 it, and then interior parts can start to go in!
Sir Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 07:10 AM   #2
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Sam View Post
and then interior parts can start to go in!
there's no motivation like significant milestone motivation!

except maybe impending baby ... but that's more fear related
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote