Jeepin.com Forums  

Go Back   Jeepin.com Forums > Tech > Jeep Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2018, 11:12 AM   #11
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

Small update i guess, i did get the 5.13s in and can't really tell a differance over the 5.25s
as assumed, so no big deal. did go easy on them for a while, did change the fluid after 500 or so miles.

also, so i still had the same pads/rotors on the front axle as when i bought the jeep in 2010 since "i will just replace the whole axle real soon". when i got it back on the road with the FF 9" i just contributed the lame brakes to the old fronts. well, now that it'll be at least 2 years before i do the front axle with this house build i decided it was time to finally replace some parts. low and behold, didn't totally fix the issue. when i built the FF-9" axle i put on the sexy Wilwood dual piston D52 (old gm 1/2-ton) calipers but opted for the smaller piston "rear" version. well even with the adjustable proportioning valve all the way open, they were not enough force. so i just swapped back to stock d52 single piston and turned the prop valve all the way in again and they are just a tad much. i wish Wilwood made a D52 dual piston sized between the 2 current options ... oh well, better too much and know to be careful not to lock em then too little and no way to stop.

yes i still need big front brakes to balance it, but at least i now have the more correct rears.
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote