Jeepin.com Forums  

Go Back   Jeepin.com Forums > Tech > Jeep Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2019, 10:38 AM   #161
Cobound
- The Don -

Speaking of legal...I got pulled over in Moab a couple years ago cuz my license plate didn't have a light on it

It was in my hitch, so I added a light to it when I got back. Well, got tired of running it in the hitch, especially when I had to tow something, I had to move my plate to the back of the trailer. Lame. But, all the brackets are spendy, not much to them, and I just dealt with it...until now, I got tired of it, so I snagged a bracket and swapped it.

Man, these tires ain't light

Anyway, spent the bucks, even tho I knew it wouldn't fit and needed to adjust it some...cut down some of the top corners, primed and painted it, ran my wire over and up...bam, now it's out of the way and legal. Camera is even placed a bit farther out, which is nice. Light on the left side is real dull, I'll need to replace those cheapies now, but that's nothing to do...I'm at least legal. Well, as legal as I can be...if they wanted to be real assholes they could pull me over for having one light brighter than the other

Little things, just little things...but they are getting done.

Wired the fridge line to my back seat as well...so that's done for the trip. Firdge in in the back driver side seat now, cooling down and running...so damn stoked. I decided to just fold the seat down and not pull it to put in a floor, just easier. 40% side floor may be another project down the road, would be nice to have, as I don't need space for 5, but the added space for people otherwise would be nice...and the 60% side folded down leaves lots of storage space...then I could leave the fridge back there semi-permanently.

Not all those who wander are lost.

The great irony - triggered snowflakes accusing triggered snowflakes of being triggered snowflakes
Cobound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 01:15 PM   #162
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

i've go the TJ's plate in the middle of the tire like that with the bracket that came with the KD bumper. such a win!

the camera is an interesting idea though ... but i really don't want a screen in the TJ ...
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:25 PM   #163
Cobound
- The Don -

Love, LOVE the camera...couldn't be without it now. My last few vehicles have had them, but those aside, the JK w/ a 40 back there is brutal

Hell, my wife has a 2 door JK and I miss the camera when I drive that...I find the stereo cheap enough I'll run one in hers too

Again, that plate, so simple...but man what a difference! I never should've put it in the hitch, never!

The great irony - triggered snowflakes accusing triggered snowflakes of being triggered snowflakes
Old 07-02-2019, 01:19 PM   #164
Cobound
- The Don -

Just got the tires rotated...honestly, looking at them now, they have some wear left and the damn fronts just had some poor alignment issues...hoping the alignment fixed it. I'll know soon, leaving next Friday for a 3k mile round trip...they will show if I still have something messed up in the front!

Old 07-03-2019, 12:30 AM   #165
Kurt
TJ Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6DoF View Post
i've go the TJ's plate in the middle of the tire like that with the bracket that came with the KD bumper. such a win!

the camera is an interesting idea though ... but i really don't want a screen in the TJ ...
I’ve got a camera mounted on mine...
Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 06:14 AM   #166
6DoF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
I’ve got a camera mounted on mine...
well thanks for sharing

i feel like i would use a wireless one that i could view on my phone for hitching trailers to the GMC. but probably faster to just take my time n back up in the TJ.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:12 AM   #167
Cobound
- The Don -

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6DoF View Post
well thanks for sharing

i feel like i would use a wireless one that i could view on my phone for hitching trailers to the GMC. but probably faster to just take my time n back up in the TJ.
Yeah, w/ time it takes mine to connect to BT for music, I'd imagine it would just be faster getting out and checking after a careful backup

Honestly, tho, really love my big screen (factory) and my aftermarket camera!

Old 07-03-2019, 01:47 PM   #168
Cobound
- The Don -

Just picked up an ORO SwayLOC for my JK. My Rubi had the electric unit removed for clearance, and stock one in place (or a more likely reason, they busted it!). It was a pain to unbolt it, didn't really want a quick disco as they just leave the bar in the way to flop unless you had a nice connection bracket...figured by that time I might as well get a nicer style.

This company is local, they are just down the road, well reviewed. After I decided I DIDN'T want one a couple years ago cuz of some road manners and other feedback, saw them in Moab again, read some updates, decided it was time. They gave me a special Moab price when I was out there but didn't want to pull the trigger...got home, saw they had their display model for sale on FB Mkp - "used", so I inquired...they had sold it already but had another one...they LOADED it up w/ all brand new stuff, only "used" part is the bar and hub arms, $300 less than retail

So, that's what I'll be putting together this 4th, or this weekend, more likely.

Old 07-04-2019, 01:18 PM   #169
6DoF

i'd love to get a dual rate bar like that for the TJ ... could never come close to justifying the money
Old 07-04-2019, 02:06 PM   #170
Cobound
- The Don -

I hear ya!!! Full cost ain’t cheap!! Borderline ridiculous, actually! I had a hard time stomaching this as well...but after 3 trips of wrenching my bars off, and seeing what just a set of discos ran, I said fuggit. Never would I pay full price for this setup, but a good local no shipping deal...I’ll give it a shot.

Kinda decided this is my long term Jeep now...so I’m not skimping on it. To some degree anyway, I'm still a cheap fuk

Old 07-06-2019, 01:27 PM   #171
nblehm
Needs moar dagger

Send a message via AIM to nblehm

Sway bars are for women
nblehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 12:56 PM   #172
Cobound
- The Don -

It was a bigger bitch than it should’ve been...but it’s done, and slick.

Old 07-09-2019, 11:22 AM   #173
Blue XJ

Send a message via AIM to Blue XJ

So is that like an Anti-Rock that completely disconnects? I loved my Anti-Rock on the MJ, worked perfect and never noticed it was there.
Blue XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 04:34 PM   #174
Cobound
- The Don -

Yep, it doesn't completely disengage, but let's loose w/ a flick and goes pretty open.

Old 07-09-2019, 06:52 PM   #175
Blue XJ

Send a message via AIM to Blue XJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobound View Post
let's loose w/ a flick and goes pretty open.

I used to date a girl like that, I wonder whatever happened to her
Blue XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 12:31 AM   #176
Cobound
- The Don -

Old 07-22-2019, 02:05 PM   #177
Cobound
- The Don -

Followup to the swaybar...LOVE IT

Totally tell a difference on the road, super tight and responsive. After my RTT is installed, so much less sway, corners well. Actually pretty surprised how much I like it.

Off road, well, it's SUPER EASY to disengage, and it lets loose nicely on rough roads, which is what I drove on mostly in CO across the Alpine Loop. So, until I get to do some actual crawling, I'll leave it at that.

Old 07-23-2019, 06:06 AM   #178
6DoF

i wanna play
Old 07-23-2019, 11:47 AM   #179
Cobound
- The Don -

Always welcome, dude. Always welcome. Already know I'll be out to KOH in Feb and Moab in April 2020, so...

Old 07-24-2019, 06:05 AM   #180
6DoF

KOH i'll be there full week ... April Moab would be tough unless you don't have anyone riding shotty