Jeepin.com Forums  

Go Back   Jeepin.com Forums > Tech > Jeep Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2020, 09:30 AM   #1
myjeepsbigger
~ Jitterbug ~

Default Willys Wagon build

Although I'll probably suck at keeping progress updates here, I thought I would give the Jeep Talk forum a little love. I sold my Silver & Black CJ7 a little over a year ago, and starting working on this 1960 Willys Wagon. I actually had it running and driving for a while last Winter, and used to tool around the country block out at the Farm. It was a flat-head Hurricane engine with a three speed. Actually ran pretty well. All I really wanted was the body and title, so the entire frame and drivetrain was sold. Admittedly, the body is pretty rough. But I knew that I was going to cut the hell out of it, so I didn't want to buy a really nice one and have that guilt on me. Anyway, the idea is something I can throw the family in comfortably, and run it across the country without worrying about reliability. Then hit some trails, camp, and drive it back home. The Rubicon trail next September is our intended target...although if I have it done and proven by January, I'll likely drive it out to KOH.

I've currently chopped the top 3", dropped the windshield 2" so that the bottom of it matches the side window level, and chopped the hood/raised the front fender so that the body line matches up. That always annoyed the hell out of me about these wagons. Side benefit is that it creates a pretty sweet looking high-line front fender. I have the floor cut completely out of it, and the body is channeled down over the frame, so it should sit super low, and still have a flat belly.

It's sitting on a 2015 JKU chassis, and I've kept that wheelbase. Custom 4-link and panhard in front, single-tri 4-link in the rear (lowers dont have a lot of triangulation). LQ9 6.0 & 4L65E from an 06 Caddy, Atlas 3.0:1 case, 1410 driveshafts, Dana 60's. I also put on 2.5" King adjustable remote-res shocks and King air bumps. Currently running a limited slip and 4:10's, but I'll likely move up to Yukon Zip's or Arb's and 4.88's. Tires are 40" Maxxis Radial Treps. Also running a street rod fuel cell, Stealth fuel pump kit, and all small fuel/oil/trans lines will be AN. Steering is a JK big-bore PSC with assist, and PSC pump.

I've attached a couple pics. Maybe I'll try to find a hosting site to throw a few more up soon. I have several on my IG, for those of you that want to look there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trailer.jpg (94.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg in garage.jpg (96.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Willys side.jpg (97.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Willys front.jpg (100.4 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by myjeepsbigger; 09-02-2020 at 04:09 PM.
myjeepsbigger is offline   Reply With Quote