Go Back   Jeepin.com Forums > Tech > Jeep Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2020, 02:16 PM   #21
Cobound
- The Don -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoofmann View Post
B boutta order one!

Nah, in reality, that is way too much money considering I already have one well built. That said, I would prefer one a bit more tame than mine, since I'm not right next door to a mountain, but I'm good...really enjoy my Gladiator. Hard to beat an LE w/ a lifetime warranty...I like all the options.

Not all those who wander are lost.

The great irony - triggered snowflakes accusing triggered snowflakes of being triggered snowflakes
Cobound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 07:00 PM   #22
nblehm
Needs moar dagger

Send a message via AIM to nblehm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nblehm View Post
You already have a hemi jeep
Or maybe not
nblehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:27 AM   #23
Dennis
Semper Fi !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin Jason View Post
I don't really see how the 392 could be much less than $70K. If you equip a regular Rubicon Unlimited with all the options that the 392 will come standard with, not including the 392 of course, or the bead lock wheels or lift kit, you're already looking at a sticker price of basically $60K. So you're starting with a $60K Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon and THEN adding the 6.4L, upgraded wheels, and upgraded suspension. Even at $65K it'd be a steal compared to comparable V6 Rubicon.
I MIGHT be able to get :wifey: to go for it at $65k, beyond that we are in Porsche SUV territory and she would rather have the comfort. Will need a lifetime or at least a 10year/100K warranty though!

I am glad that they did not make it some sort of street package, and that it reflects the true roots of the brand.
Dennis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 06:55 PM   #24
freerider15
shoplifter fail

Send a message via AIM to freerider15

It's cool that they're stepping up and offering one (thanks Ford!), but still kind of a "meh" to me, especially with the price tag.

Plenty of HP wasted on the platform.
freerider15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 09:52 AM   #25
Cobound
- The Don -

Gonna be more than the TRX

https://www.thedrive.com/news/38495/...than-a-ram-trx

The great irony - triggered snowflakes accusing triggered snowflakes of being triggered snowflakes
Old 12-31-2020, 12:05 PM   #26
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

Quote:
Pricing hasn't been revealed for other equipment options, but considering just two add-ons apparently get the 392 into the $75,000 range, it's definitely possible that $80,000 Jeep Wranglers will be crawling around a strip mall near you very soon. God help us.
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 12:07 PM   #27
6DoF

ya know, i don't blame them considering what ppl pay for hemi swaps currently. best case they sell out and make bank ... worst case they sell some, then lower the price to "normal" and still sell out and make bank. there is no downside to starting high for them that i can see.
Old 12-31-2020, 01:12 PM   #28
MBood82
Turd Ferguson

Send a message via AIM to MBood82

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6DoF View Post
ya know, i don't blame them considering what ppl pay for hemi swaps currently. best case they sell out and make bank ... worst case they sell some, then lower the price to "normal" and still sell out and make bank. there is no downside to starting high for them that i can see.
This is exactly what I anticipate. Price is higher than I originally expected, I was thinking high $60s for the base 392 version, but this makes sense, they'll sell all they can at list or higher at first, then they'll do like the Hellcats and offer major discounts later. Dodge power dollars was a rebate worth $10 for every hp, you could get a nearly $8,000 rebate if you bought the redeye!

I'm not in the market until February 2023 so I got some time to save my pennies and watch the market. I figure either the original V8 swap rigs will drop in price pretty quick (cough cough lowball Cobound) and I can jump on that, or the 392s will hold their value well enough that I can justify buying one, driving it for a few years until I get tired of it and sell it for most of what I have in it because Wranglers just don't depreciate!
MBood82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 02:06 PM   #29
Cobound
- The Don -

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Pricing hasn't been revealed for other equipment options, but considering just two add-ons apparently get the 392 into the $75,000 range, it's definitely possible that $80,000 Jeep Wranglers will be crawling around a strip mall near you very soon. God help us.
I laughed at that one, too

Quote:
This was my take as well...plenty of peeps out there dumping $100k on these things already, more will go this route just the same as they don't have to wait and never planned on wheeling or dumping axles in them anyway. Mallcrawl.

They are priced a bit higher than I anticipated, but agree...that said, thought they'd only be slightly higher than the diesel...we'll see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBood82 View Post
This is exactly what I anticipate. Price is higher than I originally expected, I was thinking high $60s for the base 392 version, but this makes sense, they'll sell all they can at list or higher at first, then they'll do like the Hellcats and offer major discounts later. Dodge power dollars was a rebate worth $10 for every hp, you could get a nearly $8,000 rebate if you bought the redeye!

I'm not in the market until February 2023 so I got some time to save my pennies and watch the market. I figure either the original V8 swap rigs will drop in price pretty quick (cough cough lowball Cobound) and I can jump on that, or the 392s will hold their value well enough that I can justify buying one, driving it for a few years until I get tired of it and sell it for most of what I have in it because Wranglers just don't depreciate!
Yeah, the value in mine is truly the 1 tons...Hemi is a nice bonus, half doors, but I'm not expecting to make any money on it should it get sold. Mine is totally niche, not a mall crawler, anyone that were to buy it would want it to wheel, overland, do what it was meant for. Hell, it's overkill and to big for me now, too...if I sold it I'd just turn around and buy another Vette since my JT is set up for all I do now, too...just not going to hardcore w/ it like I did the JK - which was getting more rare - other than my next trip planned for the Rubicon, who knows.

Meh, I'm not looking for another Wrangler, if the JT comes out w/ a Hemi I might lightly consider it...or keep what I have and dump an aftermarket one in since it'd be cheaper than buying and building a new one all over...I'm actually pretty damn happy w/ my 3.6 in my JT that has a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty, it's more peppy than I thought it would be, that 8 speed tranny is da bomb - so I haven't even had the urge to consider one.

So far the JT is not holding the value that a Wrangler does...based on what I've seen in the market. Nothing is cheap these days tho, holy hell.

Old 12-31-2020, 08:55 PM   #30
MBood82
Turd Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobound View Post
Yeah, the value in mine is truly the 1 tons...Hemi is a nice bonus, half doors, but I'm not expecting to make any money on it should it get sold. Mine is totally niche, not a mall crawler, anyone that were to buy it would want it to wheel, overland, do what it was meant for. Hell, it's overkill and to big for me now, too...if I sold it I'd just turn around and buy another Vette since my JT is set up for all I do now, too...just not going to hardcore w/ it like I did the JK - which was getting more rare - other than my next trip planned for the Rubicon, who knows.
Yeah, it will take the right buyer for yours in particular. Nobody wants that thing.

I'll give you three dollars and a cookie when you are ready!

Quote:
Meh, I'm not looking for another Wrangler, if the JT comes out w/ a Hemi I might lightly consider it...or keep what I have and dump an aftermarket one in since it'd be cheaper than buying and building a new one all over...I'm actually pretty damn happy w/ my 3.6 in my JT that has a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty, it's more peppy than I thought it would be, that 8 speed tranny is da bomb - so I haven't even had the urge to consider one.

So far the JT is not holding the value that a Wrangler does...based on what I've seen in the market. Nothing is cheap these days tho, holy hell.
So the value play is a lightly used, well equipped JT and swap the motor into that? This could work for me, I'd rather have the manual transmission anyways.
Old 02-24-2021, 11:52 AM   #31
Cobound
- The Don -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBood82 View Post
So the value play is a lightly used, well equipped JT and swap the motor into that? This could work for me, I'd rather have the manual transmission anyways.
Buddy of mine has a JT w/ a 5.7 and a 6 speed....built by Dakota Customs. He's planning the Rubicon w/ us this fall, may even run out to EJS w/ me this spring.

Oh, and this:

JeepĀ® Brand Announces Launch Edition Pricing for Well-equipped 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 - the Quickest, Most Powerful Wrangler Yet

They forgot....MOST EXPENSIVE FACTORY WRANGLER YET

$75k before taxes or options...

Old 02-24-2021, 12:30 PM   #32
6DoF

70k for a TRX
75k for a 392 JL
35-55k for a JL + 58K for a hellcat swap

for literally 12K more than the JL hellcat swap you can have the same engine/trans but get an entire desert prepped RAM with it. "turnkey"
Old 02-24-2021, 12:39 PM   #33
Cobound
- The Don -

Crazy...I can't fathom spending that out the door on a factory vehicle...dayum!

Old 02-24-2021, 01:28 PM   #34
MBood82
Turd Ferguson

Quote:
Buddy of mine has a JT w/ a 5.7 and a 6 speed....built by Dakota Customs. He's planning the Rubicon w/ us this fall, may even run out to EJS w/ me this spring.
How much was the conversion to the 5.7? That seems like a smarter way to play it at this point.

Quote:
Oh, and this:

JeepĀ® Brand Announces Launch Edition Pricing for Well-equipped 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 - the Quickest, Most Powerful Wrangler Yet

They forgot....MOST EXPENSIVE FACTORY WRANGLER YET

$75k before taxes or options...
^Because that is nucking futs.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:30 PM   #35
Cobound
- The Don -

Not sure what he paid, didn't ask...he purchased it done, not a conversion. The owner of the company had it, has mutual connections, he buys and sells Jeeps more than I go through them

Yes, absolutely nuts!

Old 02-24-2021, 09:23 PM   #36
MBood82
Turd Ferguson

Quote:
Not sure what he paid, didn't ask...he purchased it done, not a conversion. The owner of the company had it, has mutual connections, he buys and sells Jeeps more than I go through them
I just checked the price...10k+ without the motor. The motors are expensive for a good Hemi, this seems expensive...