Jeepin.com Forums  

Go Back   Jeepin.com Forums > Tech > Jeep Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2019, 10:17 AM   #1
nblehm
Needs moar dagger

Send a message via AIM to nblehm
Default Wheeler lake 8/10

Went and ran wheeler lake yesterday. My buddy just put 33s on his Toyota and I've been trying to run a trail with this other friend for awhile. He's got a yj on 33s. One of Lubes friends came with his yj on 47s as well.

Rainy morning and of course in the middle of the rain I break a fuel line. So spent most of the morning covered in gas and soaking wet. Other than that it was uneventful up to the lake. Coming down was a traffic jam, the trail is in and out with a lot of parts of it single vehicle width. So a few times of reverse up the trail a good bit. After all the traffic, it cleared up on the most known obstical the v notch. So we decided to mess around on that. It had been raining earlier and the rocks were super wet, so a couple of the guys wanted to try lines they got denied on earlier and the v notch is where I broke the fuel line and had to get yanked out. I'll just admit herhere my driving skills are a little rusty. I was paying attention to my drivers front tire and missed the line with my passenger tire. This ended up in both rear tires of my truck in the air, the suspension thankfully settled before flopping me. My buddy in the yj behind me said my drivers rear was 6 feet off the ground. My kid was pumped though. She told everybody that would listen last night about how we tipped over. If that wasn't enough I decide I need to make the v notch since my truck is running. Again rust or not enough talent strikes again. Cracked the oil pan on my truck. So we hurried out of there and with a few quarts of oil made it to fair play about 15 mins away and fixed the pan in Napa parking lot to drive the 1.5 hrs home.

That v notch has my number for some reason. First time ever on the trail, walked it with almost not even a tire slip. Got denied 2 times ago because my carb wouldn't stay running and now it has claimed an oil pan

Good news is my rear springs finally have some suspension travel and the ride is SO much better than it used to be .

Image dump.

nblehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:15 AM   #2
Cobound
- The Don -

That's awesome

Haven't been up there in nearly 15-18 years, I'll bet. The day I ran that was when I met Wally and my buddy, Lil B. Still had my XJ on 31 or 33s, even

Bummer bout your pan, glad you made it out and home otherwise unscathed.

We talked about that run over our UA trip, I really wanna get back out there and do it, even camp up there for the night!!!

Great pix man, love seeing that thing on the trails!

Not all those who wander are lost.

The great irony - triggered snowflakes accusing triggered snowflakes of being triggered snowflakes
Cobound is offline   Reply With Quote