View Single Post
Old 10-14-2023, 09:33 AM   #105
nblehm
Needs moar dagger

Send a message via AIM to nblehm

What you guys want words?

Just slowly plugging away on the Waggy. The front clip hasnt been on it about 7 years, so that felt good. I needed to put it on so I could wire the front lights and mount a fan, battery etc. Trying to get the wiring harness finished up, so I can pull it out and wrap it all up. Fuel system is close to done, power steering system is done.

Hooked a battery up to the internal fuse box and the rear window rolls down (huge win in the FSJ world) and all the windows work. Eventually I will probably add relays to all the windows so they have some speed to them. Jeep oe design (and every 80's OEM it seems) of running through the switch isnt the best.

Biggest thing that has been holding me up is the front suspension. Which I need to get done so I can do the exhaust and finalize the o2 sensor wiring. I have leaf mounts tacked in. It had 2" rec tube welded under the oe mounts for a lift (damn previous owners ) But last weekend I pulled the axle back out and I really want to 3 link it I think. Trying to find some JK take offs to see if I can use a lot of oe links and track bar. Build some brackets. I am also kicking around the idea of putting the front on airbags. Dave from the dirt head shed has me wanting to try it.
nblehm is offline   Reply With Quote