View Single Post
Old 11-10-2021, 06:13 AM   #250
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

Life is too shot not to Hotrod

WOW, that took maximum effort. 12:30pm i started chipping spatter, 8:30pm i finished dragging tools back in.

So my tent showed up Monday night after i had a horrible day trying to paint the primer, just in time to mock me. then sitting in the team meeting Tuesday morning i was having an aneurism over the nice weather, told my boss i would try the work thing again today and left. cleaned up a lot more welding spatter i had missed until i could see it in primer, and scuffed the whole thing. neighbor came up n helped me set up the tent and move the chassis out, if it wasn't for him coming up when he did i'd have never gotten done. thank god for neighbors!

i've painted before, but not enough to feel proficient with it. that first gun of paint is feeling awkward, but i wanted to hit the "gotcha spots" that wouldn't get much paint unless specifically hit ... i had a lot of those. just a little into that i'm under the chassis spraying the suspension tube work and splash most of my paint out on my and the ground when the lid pops off. well i gota finish the paint that's left in it ... while my hand glues to the gun. i had to do a full clean up of myself and the gun to start again. back at it, spraying along, 3rd gun of paint and i'm back under the chassis, spraying the same spot, and i laid in the puddle of paint. now my shirt is gluing itself to me while i finish this gun, my armpit sticking together. i still have orange armpit hair :facepalm: after that i got a system going and couldn't be happier with the results!

6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote