Thread: Project CRD MJ:
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 07:35 PM   #71
Sir Sam
Working Mother

Send a message via AIM to Sir Sam

I cleared parts out of the cab and got started on cleaning it up, there was a bunch of nasty rust dust around on the floor.

More than half a decade ago I was cutting out the metal support that will be replaced by the seat bracket, I had just finished with a cutoff wheel and went to take a brake, as I pulled my earmuffs and safety glasses off I realized I had a rather large bit of slag that had gotten around my safety glasses, and melted on the INSIDE of my prescription glasses.

I noped the phuck out of grinding more for the day and left everything sitting there.......for years.

There were piles of grinding dust around, a file, my center punch, cutoff wheels, etc that I left sitting there, and those dust piles turned to rust piles, lucky they didnt continue to eat up the floor, but they made a nice fine coat of rust dust that seems to cleanup pretty easy.

So I am taking a wire wheel around, cleaning up the dust crap and vacuuming it out.

I need to finish removing both floor supports to weld in the new seat bracket, cleanup the floor, weld in the seat brackets, and then I am going to coat the whole floor area in por15 and then seam seal it.

So I got POR15, seam sealer, more flap disks, cutoff wheels and copper weld through primer coming! After seat brackets I will finish the firewall holes for steering column/wiring, seam seal those, por15 it, and then interior parts can start to go in!
Sir Sam is offline   Reply With Quote