View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 08:57 AM   #142
bbaCJ8
old and boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUBAR View Post
The JL is more than the JK so don't expect JK prices to drop any time soon. I just wish my CJ would jump up in value so I could sell knowing I only wasted thousand, instead of 10s of thousands.
Apples to apples the JL price increased very little from the JK. The price tags are high on all the ones in the market now because they've got a ton of options on them. There's a lot more available content on JL, so yeah with the extra gadgets the cost is higher. If someone wants a JL equipped like their JK was then they won't have to pay much more, I think within $1-2k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Sam View Post
I saw a JL wrangler today for the first time......they are starting to hit the streets.

The next year or so is going to be very interesting seeing what happens and what comes out.

The JK was pretty revolutionary when it came out, this one not as much, but many people are gonna go crazy spending money on parts. Seems this jeep is geared towards bolting on parts even more than the last, lots of factory upgrades available.
Welcome to 6 months ago

Mopar stepped up their game with offerings big time. FCA also built in far more complexity and options than they ever have on a Jeep. The chassis platform is very very similar to JK, fixed some handling/suspension design flaws, and made it very aftermarket friendly for the most part.

On JK 37s were the biggest you could easily go, any more drastically complicated things as far as clearances and tire fitment. The JL Rubicon was damn near built around 37s and they fit with very little effort....not that I've seen and flexed one out first hand or anything
I'll be curious to see how tough the axles are, because it should be a lot easier for a lot more people to put these things on 40s than it has been on any past Jeep.
bbaCJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote