View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 08:10 AM   #7
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue XJ View Post
That’s how I normally drive with my 8 speed as well. It is normally in whatever gear I want it to be in, but after it learns for a while, it seems to be in too high of a gear for the unusual low speed city traffic. I’ll put it in tow mode and it holds out the shifts a little longer instead of being in 5th before I get through an intersection. It’s only annoying when coming out of a very slow turn and it‘s about 3 gears too high.
same, that was my biggest issue. rolling stop pulling out of a parking lot and want to move a little quicker since traffic was coming ... and boooooggggg. i'd pull out and it would be in 3rd at 5mph, moderate accelerator and it goes nowhere. so you push a little more, it starts to pick up but traffic is coming, so you push a little more. by that time it FINALLY realized "oh fawk" kicks it down to 1st where you have your foot deep into the throttle, barks the tires and launches making you look like a complete novice douche.

with "m-6 trailer mode" being SOOOO much better ... i almost think they made the trans that bad on purpose. went full old-man slow comfort and mpg program, and figured anyone who cares can just push this button every time they get in.

Last edited by 6DoF; 01-29-2019 at 08:12 AM.
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote