View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 12:07 PM   #207
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

it's crazy, with ya'll getting work done and such why do i feel like i need to apologize for not carrying my weight like i missed uploading an episode or something! keep everyone motivated ya'll

so there might have been a mini vacation in there, a little boat trip. good lord was it hot in NC.

got the passenger floor all patched, so that's checked off the list. decided to not weld the underside of the drivers side til she's tipped up, so it was time to hit some other details. just because i needed a change of pace the first thing was final welding, grease, and assembly of the carrier bearing. one more part that now just needs paint and installation!

got the interior back in so i could finalize the alignment of the new shorter steering column and build the shaft down to the steering box. seat fit great with the tunnel, but also now realizing that i'll need a fwd jog in the shifter if i hope to ever open the drivers side seat bottom at all. i hope to take it to at least the steering wheel. but with the seat putting the driver closer to the door, and the tunnel pushing the pedals out some, i re-drilled my column mount and offset it in that same direction. my vision is now centered thru the wheel at the cluster, and is much more comfortable to one-hand.

next up are is the throttle pedal fitment and getting the steering shaft heim joint support in place.

6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote