View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 06:43 PM   #9
bbaCJ8
old and boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrath View Post
Put a second one in and fill them independently... will be much nicer when towing the boat as the air won't be forced to the other bag when going around corners or over bumps.
I thought about that as well and did a little research before I put the same type of setup on my wife's Tahoe. It's a non-issue. Ours are rated at 30psi, so not crazy to begin with, and there's 4-5ft of 1/4" OD air line tying them together so there's plenty of restriction fighting any side-to-side flow during cornering. I put them on T'd together like Suke but brought all the parts along to separate them. 500+ miles towing a big asss 8k lb camper around hilly/curvy northern Michigan and zero complaints whatsoever about the setup. If/when I do a setup like this again I'll do it the same way. Besides the ease of filling simultaneously, I also like the peace of mind knowing that if there's a leak or blowout I won't end up with uneven loading and the potentially nasty handling that it could cause.

Before you come back with 6 paragraphs of why I'm wrong and flow calculations through the 1/8" ID air lines, know that I simply don't care. I did my own research, I tested it, and it works great with that setup. Maybe it's different towing 30k lb with a 1 ton dually, but it works with a 1/2 ton towing a camper and I'm confident it'll do just as well with a JK towing a jet boat.
bbaCJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote