View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 03:30 PM   #8
sukemecuke

Send a message via AIM to sukemecuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj_man_646 View Post
Nice! I like that bumper. I also didn't know you do / can airbrush the ceramic coating on.

When you apply those coatings, do you let it dry / cure and that is it? I recall you saying the application can be tricky...how do you remove the coating if you eff it up?
Yup. It's easier for textured surfaces to get it in the nooks and crannies. If you eff it up the only way you're going to remove it is to polish it off. It chemically bonds to paint. I.E. becomes part of your clear coat. So to remove it you have to remove the layer of clear that is now part of the ceramic coating. The application is only tricky as it goes on completely clear and you have to have the eye to see when it has flashed and is ready to be buffed off. Which can be trained if you don't naturally have a keen eye for defects and things like that.

Only time I generally air brush coatings on is things like air dams/grilles that are a honeycomb type shaped or wheels that have a fvck ton of small areas to get sh1t into......or metals/plastics that are very textured.
sukemecuke is offline   Reply With Quote