View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 12:21 PM   #219
Dennis
Semper Fi !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaCJ8 View Post
I put about 130 miles on a lifted JL Sport this weekend and was very impressed. Power was great with the new 3.6 and 8 speed, normal driving was plenty of pep and it straight up scoots when you get into it. It shifts more than I'm used to or prefer on the highway, but nothing awful. That's pretty much unavoidable with that many gears and the aerodynamics of a cinder block. 35" mud tires don't help the situation either.
Ride and drive was very nice as well, no complaints there. Major road disturbances made it dance a little, but it's still very good for a solid axle rig. It was never sketchy or troublesome.
Interior is very comfortable and quiet, adequate space for a pair of car seats in back with room to spare. Freedom panels just BARELY fit in the rear cargo area. The storage bag they provide is nice but not that well thought out. The divider flap attaches at the wrong end IMO, makes it a pain to get them in and out of the bag from within the cargo area.
Very nice Jeep overall, I could happily DD one of those.
JK's freedom top bag kind of sucks too. Is the rear cargo area smaller or the JL's width that much wider than the JK?
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote