View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 09:18 AM   #24
Cobound
- The Don -

Speaking of doing Jeep stuff...did a few light projects myself -

Replaced the spindle in my AEV tire carrier - hoping that solves the small wobble it had, kept breaking the saddle blocks, we'll see. Feels more firm now, that tire looks HUGE back there now that it's back on

Made a rear license plate light bracket - got pulled over in Moab last year cuz it wasn't lit

Installed my Trektop NX - turns out I love it

Packed up another Plano box for gear storage. I can fit two of them plus my RTIC cooler back there, under the Tuffy security box and still have room for other small items. Used to have all my tools in a backpack, now I fit my tools, both straps, plug kit, fluid recovery kit, and small odds and ends in a box, love it! Other box has camping gear and odds n ends for general anytime use. The box fits nicely on my tailgate table as well, love that thing!

Hmm...also got my ATP handles and some Molle rear door extensions installed several weeks ago. With the hard top off (if you have a hardtop and don't have a Harken Hoister, GET ONE) I'll have to get the holes drilled and Rhino Rack mounted...but I have time for that. Moab is right around the corner

Anyone w/ a 4 door JK absolutely NEEDS these...especially if you have kids!! Before and after, the door opening is amazing!!

Before:

After:

Factory vs. Molle

For years I never installed the soft top cuz I had this, an easy on and off deal...but I'm running half doors and soft top for the trek out west, so this is such a great storage spot as well! Especially cuz I have very limited room otherwise

Here's to working on some little things, finally!!

Not all those who wander are lost.

The great irony - triggered snowflakes accusing triggered snowflakes of being triggered snowflakes
Cobound is offline   Reply With Quote