View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 11:21 AM   #23
xj_man_646

Send a message via AIM to xj_man_646 Send a message via MSN to xj_man_646

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaCJ8 View Post
Same thing on newer GM, my wife's 09 Tahoe remote start wouldn't work when it was throwing a CEL for bad cat.

Seems to be a common trend for most of the aluminum head engines with cast iron manifolds....or at least the ones I've paid attention to. Got 2 in my driveway that need some studs replaced, but neither has caused any issues besides a tick at cold start so they haven't received any attention yet. Sounds like a project that can wait till spring.
For whatever reason, the 6.0L in the gmt800 2500/3500s seems to be the application with most common manifold issue. My '04 had the issue, but my '05 1500 with the all aluminum 5.3 does not even after almost 290k miles. I honestly have no idea why this trend exists...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobound View Post
I'll run my scanner on it when I get home tonight, see if it's the same thing. Pisses me off, I just had a few recalls done yesterday and they should've cleared everything from the computer.
They probably did. You probably set a pending fault on your way home, and it kicked the MIL on when you started it up this morning. A lot of diagnostics require fault detection over two drive cycles to turn on the light. Some diagnostics only require 1, such as catalyst damaging misfire (usually also a blinking light), or severe electrical issues could also trigger the MIL right away, but I'm guessing this one is a two trip MIL.

I like diesels
xj_man_646 is offline   Reply With Quote