View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 02:51 PM   #49
nblehm
Needs moar dagger

Send a message via AIM to nblehm

Talent pool is low. We are always hiring and a lot of guys who talk a big game don't pan out. We aren't fixing points and carbs anymore. Which means it's expensive to fix cars. I get it, it sucks to have to spend a ton of money on fixing cars, but with extra bells and whistles comes extra expense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6DoF View Post
i stand by my previous statement of DEALER gouging, both parts and labor. though i bet you don't get nearly enough of that 150/hour either, and the dealer's newb is getting way less of their higher cost.

when was the last time you got a better part cheaper at the dealer vs ... oh ... anywhere else? same part, same manufacturer, 2-10x more money depending on source. then they say you aren't allowed to bring any parts in for them to install, so they make extra money selling bits to the captive audience.
We don't except customer parts in most cases because it just inviting problems. Not all but most people who bring in their own stuff will bring in the cheapest part they can get, then are the first to blame the shop for the part failing. No thanks

Aside from that on powerstrokes I will only use motorcraft parts. Most of the aftermarket doesn't stack up, especially when my shop offers a 4 year 48k warranty. Euro stuff also often require dealer parts.

Last edited by nblehm; 03-30-2019 at 04:58 PM.
nblehm is offline   Reply With Quote