View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 12:02 PM   #16
xj_man_646

Send a message via AIM to xj_man_646 Send a message via MSN to xj_man_646

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaCJ8 View Post
It's easy to fix the wind noise. I was driving one this weekend. Had the freedom panels off for a while, got one of the seals folded over when I reinstalled. Took 30 seconds to fix and it's back to being quieter than my car, even on 35" KM2s.

Bump steer isn't bad at all on these. It's got front and rear track bars, so on major road disturbances they can get upset a bit, but it's not much different than most vehicles I've driven.
The wind noise seemed to be coming from the front of the door on the driver's side (normally passenger's side - this was a RHD model), at the window. Who knows.

It was also a 2 door, which I know makes it a bit more unstable. It seemed to get unsettled easier than anything I have driven in recent history, but a short wheel base, solid axle vehicle will definitely tend to do that. At least it didn't rattle at all.

Who knows...with how much of an after thought the interior design of the RHD model was (very little room around the pedals - trans tunnel, etc., was definitely meant for a LHD vehicle), I wouldn't be surprised if it was a result of the RHD steering design itself

I like diesels
xj_man_646 is offline   Reply With Quote