View Single Post
Old 09-20-2022, 11:21 AM   #25
Dennis
Semper Fi !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6DoF View Post
"they don't make em like they used to" ... for me has nothing to do with lifespan and everything to do with simplicity and engineering based on functionality and repair, not cheap automated manufacturing.

i'm with Wrath on all that. i mean, i get pissed when i need a $100 "special tool" for a repair, now can you imagine having to buy that tool every time you had to fix it AGAIN ... PLUS with Tesla, the entire right to repair issue is voided!! they claim liability for the charging network. if you don't get repairs thru them for CRAZY money, you get locked out of the network and your car gets locked to low-current. it becomes useless for anything other then the grocery store. sure you can fix your toy yourself, but then you can't play with our toys. they have the ability to literally lock you out of all their gas stations, and only let you fill the car with an 1/8" straw from anyone else's. they will only charge at a stupid slow rate even in your own home with your own charger! "because their liability" you don't think everyone will jump on that ship with em?

the entire lease agreement process is based on the cars value after, that'll all collapse soon when ppl realize there is little to no value after too long. everyone will literally just rent cars from the OEM, no option to purchase, you don't own it so none of this matters. little guy gets fawked.
I got back $15k from the 2018 Q7 Lease when I turned it in.
I expect we will be even in 2025 when we turn this one in.
Selling cars isn't going anywhere.
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote