Thread: Project CRD MJ:
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 08:44 AM   #95
Sir Sam
Working Mother

Send a message via AIM to Sir Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6DoF View Post
are you able to manipulate each digit ... but not all of them to zero at the same time?
If I try to program 1-3 digits its like it overflows and sets the mileage to like 1.8 million miles.

So 999 seems to have an issue, but 1000 seems ok. I also cannot enter 000001, I can only enter 1.

This is being done with a chinese tool that supports many different vehicles. The tool is reading the BDM port of the HC912 motorola/freescale/nxp cpu. In theory I should be able to write anything including new program code through the BDM port.

More research is required. I soldered some pins into my gauge cluster for development purposes so I can keep playing. I really just want to figure how to zero the cluster and change the VIN. I'm working to re architect the electrical system in the CRD MJ - I want it to be like factory, and part of that is having the VINs correctly programmed.

If I can get the BDM port to read via terminal on a PC then I think I should be able to find the mileage and VIN in HEX and write those values back via the BDM port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue XJ View Post
That's how mine was, although I never got the LED strip mounted.
LOL ya, I know how those things go. I really want as much visibilty on the rear - I'm putting lots of effort into this thing and I don't want some jackass to rear end me because the factory lighting kinda sucks.
Sir Sam is offline   Reply With Quote