View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 08:55 PM   #30
MBood82
Turd Ferguson

Send a message via AIM to MBood82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobound View Post
Yeah, the value in mine is truly the 1 tons...Hemi is a nice bonus, half doors, but I'm not expecting to make any money on it should it get sold. Mine is totally niche, not a mall crawler, anyone that were to buy it would want it to wheel, overland, do what it was meant for. Hell, it's overkill and to big for me now, too...if I sold it I'd just turn around and buy another Vette since my JT is set up for all I do now, too...just not going to hardcore w/ it like I did the JK - which was getting more rare - other than my next trip planned for the Rubicon, who knows.
Yeah, it will take the right buyer for yours in particular. Nobody wants that thing.

I'll give you three dollars and a cookie when you are ready!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobound View Post
Meh, I'm not looking for another Wrangler, if the JT comes out w/ a Hemi I might lightly consider it...or keep what I have and dump an aftermarket one in since it'd be cheaper than buying and building a new one all over...I'm actually pretty damn happy w/ my 3.6 in my JT that has a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty, it's more peppy than I thought it would be, that 8 speed tranny is da bomb - so I haven't even had the urge to consider one.

So far the JT is not holding the value that a Wrangler does...based on what I've seen in the market. Nothing is cheap these days tho, holy hell.
So the value play is a lightly used, well equipped JT and swap the motor into that? This could work for me, I'd rather have the manual transmission anyways.
MBood82 is offline   Reply With Quote