View Single Post
Old 10-31-2022, 07:22 AM   #85
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

wasted friday and saturday dealing with Hank and trying to get a new transmission, but did get some good work earlier in the week and on Sunday.

fuel PSI was a pain, i don't get why EFI pumps have to be SO extra that it takes 2 regulators to get to a "carb" psi n flow. first is a dead headed to make the stock system return some on it's own, then the second is a return bypass reg to really set a good psi n flow to the pump. i tried both individually and they weren't even close, but together are great.

got the whole interior back together including the B&M short throw shifter. they don't actually sell one for the XJ, but the TJ one seams to be fine. i guess it's a little closer to the dash, but with my arms it seams fine. worst case i can cut n weld it later.

started getting the wiring all figured out for gauges and such. ripped the old wiring off the AW4 in the scrap pile and started using it. NSS is bypassed, the key'd ignition source is the pump fuel solenoid on/off, and found the wire i need to give 12v for rev lights. also got the main 4.0 engine harness all figured out and labeled. orange is worthless, blue is labeled with what it's for. once i confirm everything works i'll strip out the unused, but for now it's a rat's nest on the motor

i was able to confirm the tach started working with a quick jump across the cam sensor wires thought! huge win!

finally i got the belt tensioner designed. 3D printed some parts to trial fit and measure for the belt, then sent everything to SendCutSend to get some laser cut parts. with that designed, i can get the whole front clip back together and plumb the radiator/intercooler.

6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote