View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 02:57 PM   #181
bbaCJ8
old and boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobound View Post
By the time you price out a JL build, you could pick up a sweet built JKUR (similar to what I did) or a Brute DC, for that matter...which I’m more apt to consider, more for your money. I’m guessing those Brute prices will come down some, already seen a few dropped to ALMOST reasonable prices, considering their original tags!! But still out there.

I’d trade mine for a Brute DC Rubi on 37s...actually talked to a guy a few weeks ago just to see what he’d do. He balked, but did say he’d be in Moab this spring, we’ll see if I run into him, and what happens

Now, Sean, THAT is more likely to happen in the next 3-6 months than me owning a JL
That would not be a smart move IMO. I looooove the look of Brutes, but having been around them quite a bit and driven them a little (very little actually) I wouldn't buy one. They're beautiful and are a great show piece and attention getter, but for an actual driver/wheeler/toy there are a few things that just don't do it for me. Not gonna get into it here, but if you're really curious you know how to get ahold of me. If you get bored just swap an L92/6L80E into your JK and enjoy it for as long as possible.....then sell it to me for pennies on the dollar when you get bored again.
bbaCJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote