View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 10:57 AM   #91
Cobound
- The Don -

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaCJ8 View Post
Correct, only requires our TRE with our lift/knuckle.

Factory wheel size is irrelevant, nothing else changes on the vehicle. But yes if you have 20s already there's not much reason to change unless you just want different wheels. You'll have to keep an eye on backside clearance to the tires, that's the case on most newer trucks.

The Bilstein setup is nice for sure, we actually used those struts in conjunction with custom spacers until our custom struts were available. But they're no different from a geometry standpoint than spacers. It exceeds the UBJ and CV angles at full droop just like a cheap spacer lift would. Normal spacers go between the top of the strut and the upper frame mount. Bilstein's setup has longer struts with multiple mounting grooves for the lower spring bucket. It's adjustable from roughly 0-2" lift, but basically acts like a spacer on the bottom instead of the top. The different lift heights also change spring preload rather than just static ride height. Not bashing the Bilstein setup, but don't kid yourself that it doesn't risk the same issues as any other leveling kit. Lift the front without correcting geometry and you're going to exceed the travel of upper balljoints and CVs.
Great info. With all that said, with me just looking for a set of 295/60/20 and factory or Mesa rims, what leveling kit would you recommend?

If I wanted a 35x12.50x20 would I need to lift front AND rear? Would prefer to keep it simple, and think the 295s would suffice for what I'm looking for. I'm coming up on having this 5 years, would like to keep it another 2-3 or more. Instead of upgrading vehicles, since I do really like it, I'll just make upgrades to the vehicle itself.

Would like to avoid needing a chip to correct speedo as well.

Thanks for the input gents!

B

Not all those who wander are lost.

The great irony - triggered snowflakes accusing triggered snowflakes of being triggered snowflakes
Cobound is offline   Reply With Quote