View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 03:55 PM   #176
champ
not cool enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrath View Post
Doesn't that thing have 3.08 cogs in it? I had 3.42s in my 6.0L/6L80e half ton and those were marginal. Can't imagine 3.08s, bigger tires, and a 5.toofew.

6.2L, 8L90e, 3.42s, 275x55R20 Duratracs, rear sway bar set to its stiffest setting, removed rear lift block, and 80psi in the bags tows my 31' lead parachute of a camper just fine, even without trailer brakes (was a bit of an oh **** moment when they quit working). I quit using the weight distributing hitch and trailer anti sway device when I got the Duratracs. Before when I had soft sidewall tires it needed it. Someday when I quit adding **** to the trailer I'll weigh it.

Have towed just over 13k with it using a bumper pull with a backhoe on it... it was no worse than my Uncle's 2015 2500HD gasser. Would not want to do it all the time though, the brakes definitely aren't meant to get rid of that much heat all the time.
Luckily it has the 3.42's. I can't imagine having the 3.08's - slug city. I do wonder what the max tow package with 3.73's and stiffer springs would be like.

The 6.2/8spd combo would be nice, but the requirement for the LTZ/SLT package plus the added cost of the 6.2 made it just as expensive as a more capable 3/4ton.
champ is offline   Reply With Quote