View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 02:15 PM   #178
Cobound
- The Don -

By the time you price out a JL build, you could pick up a sweet built JKUR (similar to what I did) or a Brute DC, for that matter...which I’m more apt to consider, more for your money. I’m guessing those Brute prices will come down some, already seen a few dropped to ALMOST reasonable prices, considering their original tags!! But still out there.

I’d trade mine for a Brute DC Rubi on 37s...actually talked to a guy a few weeks ago just to see what he’d do. He balked, but did say he’d be in Moab this spring, we’ll see if I run into him, and what happens

Now, Sean, THAT is more likely to happen in the next 3-6 months than me owning a JL

It beckons the thoughts I already have w/ my Ram vs. Suburban tho...completely open interior of an SUV vs. hauling capacity of a truck. Everything reachable from inside when traveling vs. needing to stop to grab gear in the bed, always pros and cons. Full-size vs. Compact. I like the comparison Dubs gave w/ the JK and Taco front to back, can’t wait to see it in person.

Bottom line, yes, $52k is a LOT of money, but people are willing to spend $10k a seat for a Super Bowl ticket, a game that lasts 3 hours, bonus they get to see a live music show at half...there’s a market for everything at any price...like the houses people are renting for $20k a night, or $250k a week during their SB stay

Not all those who wander are lost.

The great irony - triggered snowflakes accusing triggered snowflakes of being triggered snowflakes
Cobound is online now   Reply With Quote