View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 07:33 AM   #49
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

been a bit and still love the truck, so that's a win! even sold the GMC for WAY too much money, so double win.

the heater blower stopped working so the last guy wired in a huge constant duty relay and janky wiring. while doing the heater core i saw that the heater blower resister was unplugged and wondered if on purpose or not. decided ot try it, wired it all back to factory, plugged it in, and everything works the way it should now! janky wiring trashed.

the front drive shaft has no needles in one cap in the joint at the axle, and the CV at the t-case is blown out. but the NP205 front output also has more play than i'd like, so it'll also get a rebuild kit this spring some time. but while i was inspecting all this, i also saw that the 2 bolts holding the trans mount to the cross member were loose. one missing the nut entirely, the other nut was 2 threads from falling off

next major fix though is clutch hydro's. the master is leaking down and not giving me full travel. plus i guess a braided line helps get just a TAD more throw at the slave from less expansion. i also made an adjustable master push rod from the new one since the clutch pedal is a little lower than the brake and i could get a little more travel there too. if i can get just a weee bit more release this tranny should be much easier to shift.

but the biggest win was cleaning up the shop and organizing the 55. getting it back on it's own feet so i could toss it on some casters to get hank in the garage!! warm wrenching FTW

6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote