View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 11:18 AM   #6
Sir Sam
Working Mother

Send a message via AIM to Sir Sam

Gap alignment is pretty good, but not perfect, but I dont GAF on this thing, its better than many jeeps out there that have been repaired, even professionally.

Headliner was a goner:

Combination of vacuum and stiff brush to clear off old foam backer from headliner:

Cousin decided to do something custom:

So it was finally back on the road, and real quick from driving it around we heard some wicked driveline noise, rear end was making pinion bearing noise(8.25 is kinda known for that), and the front was making some wicked clanks and bangs, even some binding when you first started in reverse.

So it needed a front and rear end. I bought a 2wd parts Jeep(blue limited) with no title, it had a 8.25 with LSD. In a single day we pulled the bad rear end from the green one, pulled the LSD rear from the blue, installed the bad from the green in the blue parts, pulled my good 8.25 from my yellow Jeep, installed the LSD rear in the yellow jeep, and installed my old rear end into my cousins Jeep. Round robin of axle installs.

And then with the rear end replaced it was clear how much noise the front end was making. So we picked up a high pinion D30 front at the junkyard and got to swapping:

Last edited by Sir Sam; 04-08-2021 at 11:29 AM.
Sir Sam is offline   Reply With Quote