View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 01:12 PM   #28
MBood82
Turd Ferguson

Send a message via AIM to MBood82

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6DoF View Post
ya know, i don't blame them considering what ppl pay for hemi swaps currently. best case they sell out and make bank ... worst case they sell some, then lower the price to "normal" and still sell out and make bank. there is no downside to starting high for them that i can see.
This is exactly what I anticipate. Price is higher than I originally expected, I was thinking high $60s for the base 392 version, but this makes sense, they'll sell all they can at list or higher at first, then they'll do like the Hellcats and offer major discounts later. Dodge power dollars was a rebate worth $10 for every hp, you could get a nearly $8,000 rebate if you bought the redeye!

I'm not in the market until February 2023 so I got some time to save my pennies and watch the market. I figure either the original V8 swap rigs will drop in price pretty quick (cough cough lowball Cobound) and I can jump on that, or the 392s will hold their value well enough that I can justify buying one, driving it for a few years until I get tired of it and sell it for most of what I have in it because Wranglers just don't depreciate!
MBood82 is offline   Reply With Quote