View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 08:14 AM   #23
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

we never got the order placed for the Tahoe ... was 6-8wks while shopping, 8-12wks when we tried to place the order, and 12-16wks a month later after allocations still hadn't allowed our order to be entered. canceled.

thank god too, i'm super glad i never bought into new diesels. if i had, when i came to my senses, i would have dumped it while the prices were crazy high. still great engines for those who need it, but the EPA BS doesn't makes it worth it for me over gas. that was their plan after all. while shopping, the diesel Jeeps were by far the best to drive, same with the 1500 chevy's. they also have the most potential to be way better. i'd just have to have some way to fully tune/delete the truck though.

since then i keep hearing more bad stuff about the Eco and ppl dropping their vehicles. isn't Jeep dropping it from some lines now? only stuff i've heard on the mini d-max was that these 1500 trucks are getting CRAZY mpg, even while towing.

we ended up buying a 2018 Hemi Limited WK2 for less than half the price of the 'hoe. faster, louder, fits in the wife's city parking better, just as comfy. however, we fawking hate it. endless sting of nuisance issues/quirks, and zero character. even with the 2" lift, E-rated bigger ATs, and a Stainless Works cat-back. it sounds amazing, looks pretty decent, but still rides super vague. maybe we are just jaded by the 'vette and TJ.

for a new truck, i'd get a 2500 RAM tradesman Reg Cab long bed, cheaper with no chrome. biggest gears possible, LSD, upgraded tunes, trailering bits, and send it. 6.4 standard, the reg cab is big enough that with the seat all the way back i can't get full pedal travel, and by far the best value function vs cost.

on the other hand though, the best actual truck might be a 2500 tradesman power wagon with a few creature comforts added. then throw a blower on it. all the 2500 goodness, power wagon goodness, and enough HP to make it faster than a TRX ... while being cheaper than a TRX. win/win/win/win

Last edited by 6DoF; 01-31-2023 at 08:17 AM.
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote