View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 08:18 AM   #21
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

head on! had to pull an intake off my shelf as there was a chunk missing from the one on the jeep ... wtf? whatever, had the parts.

she runs!! ... i mean, she ran ... fired up pretty decent, everything sounds smooth, but idled at 2000Rs. cleaned TB, sealed to intake better, swapped IAC with a used one from the shelf ... same, didn't seam to be adjusting it, then it kinda was and idled lower. fired up next day to flush the coolant and drove it out of the garage. after the flush she wouldn't start to save her life. pulled the codes and had a P0122 and P0123, throttle position sensor High and TPS low. swap the TPS with used from shelf, same, unplugged, same. cranks n cranks and FINALLY runs but idles rough, pulled back into the garage. next day after everything is dry and she spins but no hint of fire. still has the TPS low code.

jeep sat for 2 years not running after the head cracked n overheated bad. there also seams to be at least one stuck ring, so hopefully that works itself out too.

need to probe the TPS wires and sensor sweep ... anyone got any other ideas for me to look at? i really hope i'm not chasing some randomly chewed mouse wire
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote