View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 08:20 AM   #15
Cobound
- The Don -

Quote:
Originally Posted by nblehm View Post

Sometimes I think the internet gets a hold of something and takes it too far. (no, that doesn't happen).

Plenty of people have been out wheeling their dana 30's with no problems. But if you are on a jk forum you need dynatrac 60's for the speed bumps at the mall.
No, I mean BUILD it...like I was looking at a Hemi, 37/40 rubber, something to take a long haul and abuse it and not be so worried about breaking - and I'm talking about guys that build them - like TNT Customs, etc. I don't belong to a JK forum, and I don't follow that crap. However, 37s and 40s on D30s - first thing you do is ditch the stock axles

Now, if you would've quoted my entire comment, I agreed w/ you doing a light build, keeping the axles you have or want and being fine. There are plenty of folks wheeling stock axles just fine...don't think you'd be any different.

Start locking, hitting some hard shyt, you'll be upgrading.

Quote:
When I was looking at building our last JK, the first thing I was told to do was ditch the axles

Of course, I wanted to wheel it. Honestly, if you're willing to put in all that work and get them set up, a cheap set will do nicely for your purposes and will then later be ready to upgrade to a built set of them, should you want to go that route to wheel more. I've seen plenty of JKs on the trail on 35s and they do just fine...to each his own.

Not all those who wander are lost.

The great irony - triggered snowflakes accusing triggered snowflakes of being triggered snowflakes
Cobound is offline   Reply With Quote