Working Mother

Send a message via AIM to Sir Sam

Old post quoted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Sam
Quote:
Originally Posted by impeesia View Post
updates?
Well peese got me thinking today that maybe I should get back to work. So I started thinking about what I needed to do next which is to get the springs back under it so I can move on with fabbing up the tranny mount.

Well I got to thinking and decided that the D30 is just too weak of an axle to put under the front end with 30.5" tires, so I decided to put a JK Dana 44 front under it. Quick search of craigslist and I went and picked up the cheapest one I could find at $300.

Its missing the passenger side knuckle and the brakes, I will either replace everything thats missing and go back to JK specs, replace just the pass high steer knuckle and try to use D30 unit bearings, or put on WJ high steer knuckles and brakes(cheapest option thus far and keeps the 5x4.5 pattern)

And now I will probably get a 8.8 with 4.10s and LSD for the rear, which is my ideal setup, selectable locker in the front, LSD in the rear. I'll top it off with a TJ locker switch and have everything nice and factory like I like.

Sir Sam is offline   Reply With Quote