View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 03:24 PM   #83
bbaCJ8
old and boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobound View Post
Looks like some aftermarket shops got to peek at them this last week...should start to see some things coming out shortly.

Looks like AEV actually GOT one on hand, at the shop

Bob just got to check it out, by the sounds of it...nothing in hand yet.

Can't wait to see what comes first, and how they truly differentiate them from the JK!

Everyone says something about the fenders...honestly, they don't bother me all that much
I don't mind the fenders at all. They look way better than the giant bubbly JK plastic ones. The styling lines and more squared off look is way better, and the raised Rubicon flares with huge openings look killer. Still waiting on our Rubicons to arrive, dealers started getting them yesterday so ours should be showing up soon. So far just got the white Sport pictured above and disassembly has begun. It's a nice ass ride, lots of cool features incorporated. Cool little Jeep grills in the headlights, real hood latches that eliminate flutter and incorporate cutouts to run a winch controller to the cab, Good looking suspension geometry, giant wheelwells for low lift big tire applications, tight turning radius, super nice interior, little pocket to put the key fob instead of bouncing around a cupholder or cubby, super beefy tailgate structure for a spare tire(3/16"+ thick cast inner panel), door and tailgate guides so it doesn't swing when you don't want, etc.
There are some funky things and others that look like an afterthought like anything else, but overall it's a good platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Any word on the doors with the lower windows?
Show feature, or is it going to be available to all?
I've been told unofficially from a source who knows officially that they are happening, and there will be windows in them because they can't be shipped without, but that the windows are removable.

Last edited by bbaCJ8; 01-09-2018 at 03:28 PM.
bbaCJ8 is online now   Reply With Quote