View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 10:39 AM   #143
Cobound
- The Don -

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaCJ8 View Post
Apples to apples the JL price increased very little from the JK. The price tags are high on all the ones in the market now because they've got a ton of options on them. There's a lot more available content on JL, so yeah with the extra gadgets the cost is higher. If someone wants a JL equipped like their JK was then they won't have to pay much more, I think within $1-2k.

On JK 37s were the biggest you could easily go, any more drastically complicated things as far as clearances and tire fitment. The JL Rubicon was damn near built around 37s and they fit with very little effort....not that I've seen and flexed one out first hand or anything
I'll be curious to see how tough the axles are, because it should be a lot easier for a lot more people to put these things on 40s than it has been on any past Jeep.
I've heard everyone b!tch about the pricing...but I'm w/ you. They are ALL going to be decked out right now, but once you start ordering them, or they start coming out after they've been on the streets a while, they'll be similar pricing.

They are still trying to sell the remaining new JKs they have on the lots...so why come out w/ a low dough JL when people will pay the premium, get all the updated gadgets, at a price...they won't. So, until the market clears of the new on the lot JKs a bit, expect to see the higher priced JLs on the lots. They want those w/ the $$$$.

Far as building to suit the aftermarket, crazy on point. No other vehicle has ever been so adapted to the aftermarket...it's what this lives for.

Definitely see more on 40s now...but if those axles don't hold up it will be a mess

I'll stick to my JK w/ 60/80...for now

Man, the more I see the JL, I really like the fenders, the rolled hard top corners, the grille...still can't wait to see one in person!! And even more jacked for the JT!!

Not all those who wander are lost.

The great irony - triggered snowflakes accusing triggered snowflakes of being triggered snowflakes
Cobound is offline   Reply With Quote