Thread: Koh 2020
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 04:51 PM   #82
Cobound
- The Don -

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjeepsbigger View Post
Dust. Holy hell there was some dust. At this point, I think I would go out to spectate, but I don't have much interest in participating. I think I'm forever a Rec Wheeler, and not a Racer. It would be cool to go out with my own rig on a Wednesday or Thursday, spend a few days exploring, and then watch the 4400 race from a couple different places (Backdoor, Chocolate Thunder, the flats out NE of Hammertown, etc) on Race Day.

Also, I'm really glad we had a house rented away from the chaos and noise. It was nice to grab a shower at night and sleep without the constant thunder of cars driving by. Maybe I'm getting old.

Get off my lawn!
I would concur. I LOVED getting out in the Can-Am, sold on those, I'm juicy about them now

Lots of dust, understatement, you BECOME DUST! That is NO joke. Hammerlung is fo realz!

I was OK w/ camping on site (in an RV), noise didn't bother me, but never escaping the dust was a bit much at times...would have LOVED a more regular opportunity to shower, but it wasn't unbearable, even if I am getting older Just glad I didn't end up in a tent as originally planned, that would have been miserable!! Maybe w/o the winds bearable, but not w/o shower access!

I'd love to go out and run some of that myself w/o the crowds, but definitely getting to watch the different rock challenges would have been nice...we were there so long but seems I didn't get to see a sliver of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjeepsbigger View Post
The whole experience has really piqued my interest in shock tuning though. I'm soaking up all the info I can get on that right now. Cool stuff.
I still can't say enough about that...the Can-Am was a game changer to get around with. Being able to hammer over whoopdies at 50-80 mph was INSANE!

I'll invest in good shocks when time comes to replace mine on the Jeeps.

I could see myself racing UTV class, but I don't have the energy for the work that it entails outside of just racing...so a rec wheeler for me as well.

Overall it was a blast, another bucket list notched!

Not all those who wander are lost.

The great irony - triggered snowflakes accusing triggered snowflakes of being triggered snowflakes
Cobound is offline   Reply With Quote