View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 09:37 AM   #32
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj_man_646 View Post
. Correct me if I am wrong, but the majority of 4400 rigs run full hydro, so there has to be a reason they don't bother with the mechanical linkage in the fastest class. Not that I think you should change your plans...do what you want .

Street driving makes some sense. I did see a full hydro steering 1 ton JK on 42's at the Tilted Kilt when I lived in MI, but I'm pretty sure he is generally OK because most of the cops around the Detroit metro have bigger fish to fry than the steering setup on a Jeep
yeah, the complete lack of any fawks given in MI i miss ... "oh it has a plate? keep driving" ... "oh, you have a title from something you bought? good enough"

i think the biggest thing is with a 4-link double-triangulated front suspension vs the steering. the 4-link travels vertical, where the drag link would want to push with compression like a panhard bar. a nice full travel hit would swing the steering a bit with the 4500 style steering. i'm on leafs and a little bump steer doesn't matter to me ... 110mph across the lake bed, i'd care.
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote