View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 06:01 AM   #48
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj_man_646 View Post
The guy who racked up 750k on his 'Vette really made me start thinking about something like that for a DD. Good MPG, fun, RWD, manual trans, and can still handle a weekend road trip with the gf.

My truck turned over 270k this week. Still going strong, although it is rotting away quickly.
current generation 'vette's are like jeeps, the resale is STUPID ... until you get to past generations. we got ours brand new in total base trim, and would do it again for sure. it's everything you said and more, it has been great. knock on wood, but 2 seasons with 36k and it's not been to the shop once either.

now there is a minor caveat to this ... i have driven it on a few 8h road trips by myself now, and that gets a bit old for me. 1) gota stop n stretch cuz it doesn't leave much room for a big guy to shift around 2) it gets hot, once the whole thing heat soaks the entire trans tunnel is super warm, plus it's all glass and the sun bakes you. i basically have to have the ac on full tilt on a warm summer day to have any chance at all. that said, it's a few hours to get to that point.
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote