Thread: I went wheeling
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 08:06 AM   #166
xj_man_646

Send a message via AIM to xj_man_646 Send a message via MSN to xj_man_646

Posted this in the COVID thread too, but I forgot that I can contribute to this one for the first time in awhile

I lost my wedding ring in the woods over Halloween weekend while out wheeling with some friends in the UP. Re-visiting a spot the following week, after the snow melted, and my friend found it! My guess was that it fell off my hand while washing my hands with snow after dicking around with a winch cable. Took him about 2 minutes to find it...luck was finally on my side for once!

Somewhere around this spot

This ring was my paternal grandfather's, who I had never met. If anyone knows me, you know I am not a small person. His wedding ring was a full size larger than my ring finger....I guess he was about 6'6". Also not a small dude...who happened to drive tanks in WWII .

Could not believe my buddy found it. After looking at the pictures, I do not think I would have found it had I been in his shoes. I generally suck at looking for / finding things I'm actively trying to look for / find...so I don't think it would have gone well . Sure am glad its found though...I usually take it off for wheeling. Forgot this time.

Short winch video too.
https://imgur.com/PSSduco

I like diesels
xj_man_646 is offline   Reply With Quote