Thread: Helper Bags
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019, 09:41 AM   #5
bbaCJ8
old and boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrath View Post
Totally different setup than the ones I've been looking at. That's the lighter duty version that mounts outboard, I'm looking at the heavier duty ones that mount slightly inboard. Obviously stability is improved on the outboard ones, but I'm not too worried about it since it's already going to be overkill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6DoF View Post
the equalizer bars were great for towing a jeep behind the 1500 burb, but you are correct, totally unnecessary behind the 2500. when the bags came into play was towing the 28ft enclosed. the weight was only a little heavy to the tongue, but the weight was really spread out making it bounce constantly. as much as the bars helped, the bags helped me that much more again. no clue what that trailer weighted, but it was significant.
My camper has weight distribution and sway control. I could get by without air bags on the 1500 no problem, but overkill>adequate. I'd rather the peace of mind. It's big, heavy, lots of tongue weight, and is a giant sail, so more is definitely better for hauling that a couple thousand miles a year with me entire family in the truck. My car/wood hauler is just a straight up hitch, so when I overload that with stupid sh1t it'll be nice to have the helper bags too.
bbaCJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote