View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 11:28 AM   #209
Dennis
Semper Fi !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaCJ8 View Post
It has nothing to do with the Grand, they're totally different markets. The packaging just isn't there for a V8. They can be shoehorned in by the aftermarket but would never meet OEM crash standards. Between that and the ever increasing MPG and emissions standards we'll never see an OEM V8 Wrangler. Hell, even the full-size truck market is moving away from them, there's no way a Wrangler will move toward it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin Jason View Post
You've mentioned that before but it still seems totally crazy to me given the comparative sizes of the JK/JL vs the Grand Cherokee. But at the same time, the Pentastar in my JK feels cramped compared to the HEMI in my MIL's WK2.

Just a difference in how they can build the unibody Grand vs the BOF Wrangler?
Mopar makes/markets the lift kits now, something that would not have been heard of 15 years ago. Could they put together a crate engine kit with all the hook ups and software ready to go. Just bolts, plugs, and a thumb-drive for a competent mechanic to do in a day; and stay in compliance with the law? Do it at the dealership and they give you credit for the delivery mile only Pentastar?
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote