View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 10:49 AM   #10
Cobound
- The Don -

I think CL scams are easy to find, and since they started charging the listings have reduced, both - scam and real, since it eliminates those that are not good sellers from listing randomly just to see if they can sell their stuff willy nilly, they won't spend the $5...I won't use it to sell a vehicle, it just breeds tire kickers and phishing folks.

I'd honestly DD one of these again, especially one this clean. I'd probably make some changes to it to fit me more, but overall even stock and rusty I do still like them. Wish I had the space, I'd probably own another one that I wouldn't care if it was rusty a bit, just a cool ride! Have a few neighbors that used to have them years ago and always tell me about them, what it reminds them of, and how they wish they still made them!

FB Marketplace is beginning to bring the phishing to a new level...so many scams, fake prices, false dealers, etc....you really have to watch what you're doing there now, too.

Funny enough, I found this on CL, and it was marked so high I think he scared people from even contacting him

I reached out, worked w/ him, went back and forth in person, on the phone...took a week away from it, circled back - was a recent HS grad that was taking a year off before going to college and his family was leaving for FL for a month or two this weekend, his dad actually owned it, had a small lien on it, so he was part of the process from minute one. It was a good experience for his kid, for sure...I appreciate his negotiation and knowledge of the vehicle he had...although I think he was a bit naïve to some degree...he was a good kid.

Let's just say I paid more than my original budget and more than what I wanted to spend, but less than the vehicle is likely worth, especially if I were to clean it up just a tad more and toss on some better wheels, I could flip it and make a few buck...but I'm hoping to keep this one and let my son keep it.

As far as considering getting it undercoated, we'll see how I feel about spending that money in the coming weeks...really days, cuz I should pull the trigger if I'm going to do it.

Not all those who wander are lost.

The great irony - triggered snowflakes accusing triggered snowflakes of being triggered snowflakes
Cobound is offline   Reply With Quote