View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 04:11 PM   #157
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj_man_646 View Post
For what its worth, side exit in front of the rear wheel started to destroy Hubble's aluminum wheel finish with his super duty. It might have been polish-able, but I don't think he ever got that far. Not sure if that could be an issue with the black wheels or not.

Can you set the axle at theoretical maximum bump height with tires installed and see how much clearance above the axle you have (could be just me but it appears that the axle would never bump that far with tires installed and the truck laid out on the frame)?
the u-bolts hit the frame, that's the bump. i specifically build the frame to that point. the level in the pictures is taller than the bed floor support rails, the bed floor will be right on the top of the 14b, coming up between the supports. don't forget the 4 air bags that are 8" diameter missing from the pictures too. my goal was to get the bed floor as low as possible to have as much bed depth as possible to still be useable. i had also always planned to just have a turn-out from behind the cab, but have since decided to add the second muffler instead of having a bed side step on that side.

the axle tube is 1" above the bottom of the frame at full droop. going low and fitting a ton of big steel in a small space.

Last edited by 6DoF; 03-25-2021 at 04:17 PM.
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote