View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 12:34 PM   #87
Cobound
- The Don -

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6DoF View Post
how on earth are they going to charge $3000 for a optioned DIY cage kit that doesn't go to the drivers floor or even tie into the frame?!?!?!?!?! that is some horse ****, cuz you could buy a bender, a welder, and all the tube for less.

note to self: find someone with a JK, figure out a cage, and sell them installed for $$$$$$
As with anything, you pay for their precise bends, quality, etc, etc. Yeah, I can't justify that cost, I'd just go have someone local make it, if that was the case. Of course, this would take less time, go where it's supposed to, you know the drill.

Also, to tie into the frame, there are very few that do, that I'm aware. Yes, while that would be ideal, these cages hold up to what it is people are using them for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue XJ View Post
Is the rockhard kit the clamp on one? My buddy had that in his TJ that rolled. The bars did not come apart, but they did rotate on each other when the clamps slid.
Yes, that's the one. I considered one in my XJ, until I rolled it w/o one...then got out of that game. I've seen some rigs after a roll w/ this cage and it's provided more protection than stock...the price is reasonable and it's also fit well enough to DIY. Longshot at best for me at the moment...

Not all those who wander are lost.

The great irony - triggered snowflakes accusing triggered snowflakes of being triggered snowflakes
Cobound is offline   Reply With Quote