View Single Post
Old 06-01-2023, 10:00 AM   #202
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

me either ... just checked my spreadsheet and i'm actually at 9100. the OG budget was built with no lift or suspension work, no new bumpers, no custom stand-alone engine harness or ECU tuning work, and not having to buy a whole 2nd engine. i would do the lift pump system differently and probably a little cheaper next time, but that pretty much covers where i lost it. i'm going to end up having to dial this build in to make it nice enough to be worth the extra costs, find someone who NEEDS it, or take a little loss selling/parting it.

the jeep itself, all new lift, new proper SYE, used tires n wheels, short throw shifter and t-case cable shifter, complete 5spd swap, and i'm at $3335. really not that bad all things considered for a stupid clean 2000 2dr XJ with a manual trans.

the trans adapter was 900, intercooler n piping stuff was only 350, but the unexpected 2nd engine was 800, and the stand alone and tune was $1400 with new injectors. plus like $600 in fuel pressure regulators i'd do differently, the ods n ends, and i have $5760 in the engine swap. again, not horrible for a full deal with lots of new/fancy parts, just not a bargain.

it wasn't built to be a flip either, different choices were made.

Last edited by 6DoF; 06-01-2023 at 10:17 AM.
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote