View Single Post
Old 10-03-2022, 11:16 AM   #62
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

so the more i research, the more i like compounds and wastegates vs the whole variable geometry stuff. slightly more money, but should be the most capable.

i never realized the grill of an XJ comes off that easy! 8 easy access bolts and one giant plug ... done, off. i basically tore the whole thing apart before i figured it out. the easiest way to access the coolant drain is to just remove the grill like it was some under-tray at an oil change. i love this little thing even more now.

got all kinds of parts sitting here waiting for their moment now. i pulled the radiator to start fitting in the intercooler. the interwebs says i need to move the rad back about 1", so we'll see what shakes out. should be easy enough with the mounts it uses and the way shorter engine.

slowly combining parts from both engines into one functional mess. i'm pretty sure i have at least one of everything that's good!

major work update would be the fuel tank ready to back in. all cleaned up, new sock, new filter/reg, and i added a return line from the injection pump to the jeep sending unit. it's a 90deg bulkhead barb'd on both ends from amazon, was perfect. the washers and threads for the bulkhead are sealed with PTFE sealer, then i smeared on the blue RTV as an additive topcoat just because extra. i learned on the TJ that the return HAS to go back into the can if you don't want fuel starvation issues from slosh at 1/4 tank or less. this should do quite nicely.

i just want to wire brush and ChassisSaver any spots of surface rust now while the tank is out.

6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote